Friday, April 24, 2009

Halle - FREAKIN' - lujah

Ah! Thank GAWD. It's done! The Winter 2009 issue of the RESS ezine, The Boat, is done! It's a big 200 page issue with articles ranging from Appaloosa pattern interaction, photographing bas-relief, painting a Silver Dapple, learning how to "See" for painting, to sculpting hocks...and that's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg! Awesome info, awesome authors and lots to learn and oogle! Phew.

I gotta say though...this issue felt like the Titanic. But in my alternate reality that iceberg didn't translate into "O-H, D-E-A-R." Instead, it translated into "B-U-C-K-U-P-L-I-T-T-L-E-C-A-M-P-E-R." Not only did I have to learn InDesign® on the fly (a huge program), and then recreate all the templates in that program (indescribably tedious), I had an entire complicated and image-laden issue to layout and organize already. Another labor of love. I feel like I've survived some sort of shipwreck and ended up in a tropical paradise. I hear steel drums! Where's my coconut-shell libation?! A big one. And it had better have little paper parasols in it!

But speaking of love -- InDesign® rules! Thank you so much for the recommendation, Jenn Danza, and kudos to the InDesign® team (this is a "shout out" to Denise S.! -- hey you!). This program rocks! Now to wrap my head around all the bells n' whistles before the Summer 09 issue!

Anyway...now I can get back to work! Hazzah!

"Today's accomplishments were yesterday's impossibilities." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails