Monday, April 20, 2009

Day-dreamin' in dry dock....

Spring has certainly burst forth, and my head is bursting with ideas and inspiration! Pow! But first I have to finish what I started, namely the (very late) Winter issue of The Boat. It's been in dry dock for way too long as I grappled with InDesign® and some last-minute tweaks. The members have been graciously patient -- thank goodness! Thank you! So that issue has gotta get launched soon, gosh darn it. To that end, today I worked on the new illustrations for an article I wrote for it, and it feels good that's done. Tomorrow, I'll be snapping pix for another article I wrote for the issue about photographing bas-relief. I'm a bit apprehensive about this since it'll entail organizational and mental-focus skills my very distracted brain may not be capable of right now. We'll see. Hopefully, I'll be zippin' the issue off later this week to the intrepid RESS Executive Director for distribution -- fingers crossed!

Anyhoo, it was just too gorgeous outside to stay indoors yesterday, so we took a day trip to the Bruneau Sand Dunes on a whim. I'll post pix from our jaunt sometime this week.
Now I don't know about you, but there's rarely anything prettier in Spring than a flowering tree! And happily -- our neighborhood is chock-full of 'em!


Oh, I wanted to show you another sneek peek of the Haflie mare, but I really have to get The Boat outta here. Same with the mini Quarter Horse stallion I've started work on, too. Doh! So much to do...so little time! But my happy tulips don't have such worries...

"To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter; to be thrilled by the stars at night: to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring... these are some of the rewards of the simple life." ~ John Burroughs

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails