Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tiles and Tribulations

Sneek peek of the new tile designs, now a four-piece set!

I picked up my new tile designs from the stamp store a couple of days ago and I couldn't be happier! They were able to create stamps with a deeper impression, so now I won't have to squish so hard (thanks Lesli for that tip!). Above is a taste of what's to come! I can't wait to start using them, lemme tell ya!

And I'm working on new designs as we speak -- more horses (a pinto set and an appy set, since I think their patterns will play with the glaze in fun ways), and I'm finishing up the dogs and cats. I got my new bubble bags for these tiles, but I'm waiting on my special boxes. And, by gum, I'm going to set aside a day this weekend to get this bisque load glazed! One distraction after another -- I'm sure you know how it is. It's frustrating, but I can't complain too much -- there's some fun stuff being distracting right now. But once I get all that done and I get those boxes, I can move forward with opening up my Etsy shop!

I'm also wadding deeper into Boat publication work, so things schedule-wise are starting to get compacted. Such is the bi-annual panic. Just put the coffee on and "carry on" as Tim Gunn would say. I will say this though -- it's very difficult to pull myself away from the studio right now with all the tempting tidbits lurking there now.

But I thrive on busy schedules...not necessarily deadlines, but busy schedules. Getting up in the morning with a full day of things I enjoy doing is something I relish. And even though I have no concept of getting bored or "time to kill," I never feel overworked. Really...what's better than having fun? Having more fun! When things are hummin' in the studio, you don't realize just how hard you're working. As it should be!

"I suppose it is much more comfortable to be mad and not know it than to be sane and have one's doubts." ~ G.B. Burgin


Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails