Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Whim and a Prayer


It's been a productive day today. Big Al is cookin' the first Cone 5 test tiles with my new high fire crackle glazes. Fingers and toes (and eyes) are crossed! If anything is going to go freakishly haywire, it's going to happen in this fire. So I'll either cry with delight or sob with despair. Stay tuned!

I also finished that for-fun painted square Christmas "ball" with the Arabian portrait (above). It felt a little odd painting flatwork after-- gosh -- twelve years? But it was fun, nonetheless. Felt kinda good. The ornament is 3.25 x 3.25 inches square, and all I had were small rounds to paint with. Made for an interesting challenge! I like how it came out, though, and I'll be popping it up on eBay sometime this week for kicks. I really don't know how to price it, or sell it, so I figure I'll let eBay take care of that. You can see more pix of it here.

The one thing that has overshadowed today is Wuzzle -- he's not sounding good. Despite my treatments, he's developed that gurgling, congested sound that strik
es fear into us rat people. It means that myco has started to take its toll, from which there is no escape. I'm not ready to lose him so soon. I'm really not. So I'll get more medications from my vet tomorrow and hope I can buy him a few more weeks, maybe months. Oh, for a vaccine or cure for myco!

Anyway, if all goes well with Big Al tomorrow, you'll be the first to see the results!

"Life at best is bittersweet." ~ Jack Kirby

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails