Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snowflakes Inside and Out

Blue Frost

Wheeeee
-- done! Fresh out of the studio comes Blue Frost, that Laf'nBear Bram'll Blue Boy I've been painting, on and off, for the better part of a year as I figured out some painting methods. You can see more pix here, and he'll go up on Auction Barn tomorrow. I'm so happy I was able to "enlarge" the dapple grey ideas I painted on that fun mini Nahar -- I was worried that things wouldn't translate up scale. So, of course, I must try it on a larger scale next time!

Anyhoo, this guy got his name by a combination of the edition's fun title and the fact that it's been snowing big, fat flakes all day long. We must've gotten about two inches of snow today! So between that and his "snowflakey" dapples, "Blue Frost" was it. He was so fun to paint, even though my eyes were crossing at regular intervals! Here is the source reference that inspired his color and pattern.


I mean -- look at those soulful eyes. What's not to love?

And speaking of fun -- I got my custom-made rubber stamps yesterday to stamp out my ornaments! I can't wait! I also got drywall boards to dry them -- a handy trick is to sandwich the tiles between two slabs of drywall to help them dry evenly and to keep them from curling up at the corners like potato chips. Granted, this is assuming you don't have any "sticky out bits" on a bas-relief tile, but a flat surface with recessed areas. But I'll be rolling out and stampin' the first slabs tomorrow! Hi-KEEBAH!

"Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose." ~ Charles du Bois

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails