Sunday, August 10, 2008

Helper Elf at work in July!

It worked! The cart system worked like a charm! Hazzah!

Piles of little boxes went out next day to buyers, and the entire process functioned pretty close to how I'd envisioned it. The only real hitch was that the cart system over-sold the first batch, which is something we'll have to address somehow in the next batches. However, it's a small matter since all it meant was that more people simply got what they wanted anyway, and I had enough stock to fulfill all the extra orders.

That's hubby in the pic (above), my trusty Helper Elf who made all this expedited shipping possible! It was the first time I've had to use two of these big bins to haul items in, and boy...was the Postal staff surprised! They know me down there and are used to me piling on boxes in strange bungie-corded configurations to my hapless, overloaded little luggage cart...then hello!...here I walk in with these two giant bins brimming with little white boxes. The look of relief on their faces when they realized all the boxes were ready to ship was worth a "priceless" moment. I still can't believe we got so much out, so quickly. Phew.

Anyhoo, three days after the sale, we were scheduled to leave on a week long foray to the North West coast for a vacation, so to say that week was a scramble would be quite an understatement. I have reams of stuff to catch up on now that I'm back, too, but more on the vacation in the next post, since I have to sort through about 600 images first. Stay tuned!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." ~
Theodore Roosevelt

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails