Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm Free!

Cute Baby Animal - I'm Free!!
see more

That's pretty much how I feel now that the Haffies are done! Like a busted dam, a whole slurry of pent-up creative projects have come spilling out. More bas-reliefs are in the works with preliminary sketches, I'm well along on V2 (the second version of Valinor) and I started the armature for the mini Friesian who popped into my head while watching "Prince Caspian" (the movie.) He's got a name, but now he just needs a body! And the 182 breed references I printed out should guide me well -- phew. I'll still be working on the mini stock horse though -- never fear!

But Hubby advised me to change the name for V2 since (and I didn't know this) it's actually the name of a Nazi rocket! YIKES and YOW. On the other hand, I've referred to this piece with this name for so long that I don't want to confuse folks by switching it. So I'm going to put my brain cells to work to come up with a new name that incorporates "V2" but steers it away from being a doomsday device!

To serendipitously celebrate this new freedom, I'll be visiting my long-time buddy, Ed Gonzales, this weekend and my pal, Laurie, will be joining us for a mad cap romp. He breeds beautiful Arabians and I could use some good reference pix for my two Arabian sculptures in the works. And trust me -- there will be pix of general craziness to share when I return! So until then -- have a wonderful weekend!

"Caring for friends opens the heart, and gifts us with the privilege of sharing the fruits of our self-imposed and necessary solitude." ~ Max Elliott

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails