Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm Surrounded by Well Wells

Last year, my buddy Stephanie Michaud sent me this fabulous bird feeder, fully knowing that it would become a squirrel feeder...something she knew I would love even more! And lo! Behold the gooey glory! We now have a preggers female and a smaller male regularly showing up to gorge. Good times. Good globby times!


Squirrels crack me up. The way they move and respond to sound almost makes them seem like they're constantly saying, "WHAT?!"...."WHAT?!!!" Like Eddie Izzard (one of our fave comedians) would say, "Wait?! Did I leave the gas on? No...I'm a squirrel!" And watching them figure out how to get to the goodies in the bird feeder was a hoot. Is there such a thing as a squirrel-proof bird feeder? Me thinks not! Do not get between a Well Well and food. Food, glorious food! Hey, I can relate!

Speaking of food...Mayhem is right around the corner! I'm madly trying to get stuff done. Unfortunately, however, it's been rainy and overcast for the past three days. Not that I'd usually mind, but I can't pour the rubber master mold of my Feral Mare medallion because it absorbs the atmospheric moisture and won't cure properly. DOH! I may have to pour indoors, so we'll see how that goes. Me, rubber and plenty of places not to get rubber on is a really bad combination.

Another project I'm trying to finish up in anticipation of their arrival is finishing (or getting close to finishing) that Haflie mare. It looks like that left hindleg has finally come together the way I want it, thank goodness! Sheesh. So here's another sneek peek (though she's still bald!):


Speaking of finishing up...here's another sneek peek of that CM Breyer Man O' War I was finally able to pick up again and work on (has it really been that long?!):


Now I'm not sure when I'll actually get this guy painted and up for sale, but at least his customizing is done. I also started working at cold-painting again. In particular, I'm finally back to working on that fun dapple grey Laf'n Bear LLC Bram'll Blue Boy! Hazzah! For the longest time I couldn't find the original reference photos I was using for him in the wreck of my studio. But since I cleaned it up last week (pretty much using the leaf-blower technique made famous by Bill Murray in CaddyShack) -- there they were -- hiding in plain sight. Of course. So back to work! I'll post teaser pix of him when I'm farther along.

Until then...back to the plow....

"You can't be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet." ~Hal Borland


Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails