Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Eye of the Storm


Nine little molds patiently waiting for the chaos to ensue.

By the skin of my teeth I finished the ninth and final mold for the 2011 Christmas ornament, pulling it apart from the original just twenty minutes before we left for a weekend jaunt to a horse show.

They have to dry thoroughly, so I could probably start pressing around October fourth. I'm determined to fully stock my Etsy store by the first week of November for Christmas shopping, but we'll see how that goes! As we all know, life seems to enjoy throwing ringers, and I'm certainly no help. I generate my own like a fractal equation. Wish me luck!

Here's my studio floor after mold-making, strewn with clumps of dried clay and plaster shards. The remnants of my madness, and a metaphor for what's to come.

"This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last." ~ Oscar Wilde

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails