Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jeepers Creepers!

Yep -- you guessed it! That's us as TweedleDee and TweedleDum at the Halloween Party last Saturday night! I couldn't find a Godzilla (or similar) costume, and the Thing 1 and Thing 2 costumes were already rented, so this was the next best thing. I have to say that Hubby looked so cute! Watching him saunter around in that costume was hysterical. And the beard! Ha ha ha ha! We even won a "major award" with our rented threads: "Overall Funniest Costume"! The gift basket was full of great stuff! The Pop Rocks were especially enjoyed. I haven't had those in...well...decades!

We had a great time, but oy....we got in at 4am! Sometimes I think I'm getting too old for this kind of thing. It took all of Sunday just to recuperate, and a bit of Monday, too. The "more seasoned" bikers would say I'm a total wuss and, well, they'd be right! It was worth it, though. Seeing everyone's costumes was a blast and the company was a hoot! And I ate enough homemade Rice Krispy Treats to gag a goat. Love that stuff.

I remember as a kid loving Halloween. My parents didn't allow too many sweets in the house, so all that candy in one night was for me, in a word, nirvana. I remember cramming piece after piece in my mouth all night -- feeling sick, then doing it all again. Self control? Responsible rationing? Nah! There's no fun in that! So as you venture out this weekend to carouse for Halloween, have a fabulous time! Laugh a lot and be safe! Wallow in that candy! If you have melted chocolate on your fingers, you're eating it too slow!

Oh and hey -- after you safari to your precinct to cast your vote on Tuesday, check out your local Krispy Kreme! Whoo hoo! Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream also is handing out a treat for voters! Exercising your right to vote and your right to induce insulin shock! What could be sweeter?

"Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold." ~ Judith Olney

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails