Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HELLO NEW YEAR!

As you can well imagine, I'm frothy and agog that 2008 is the Year of the Rat. I'm pretty well freaking out. I have all my rat gear and I'm so ready to welcome in 2008 with open arms! And, personally, I just can't imagine a better symbol for any year, but in my case (and I suspect for many of you out there, too) a more serendipitously apropos symbol for our life paths these coming months.

Like many of you, hubby and I watched the 100th Year Anniversary Ball come down in New York, and it was beautiful and meaningful. But I can't wait for February, for Chinese New Year, to roll around, then I can really get crazy with celebration! I mean...c'mon...I'm existentially bitter about being a Year of the Monkey person, and fully intend to wallow in Ratiness this year, as I hope you all do, too! May all the blessings of Ratiness pile in through your door in 2008!

And I'm happy to report that my recovery is going well. My mobility is almost back to normal (though I still have to take it easy and I still not allowed to sit upright) and the numbness and impaired coordination of my legs is almost completely gone! And, just as important, I was able to cook my customary breakfast this morning for the first time in ten days, and Beasley was especially grateful to get back to his morning routine. He's a little scrambled egg junkie. That's him peeking out at you from his Kleenex box hideout. Like cats, rats love to play in boxes, particularly those that have little peep holes and inner hidden compartments and paths inside. He and Bix entertained themselves for about two hours exploring every nook and cranny and playing through the peepholes last night. Beasley was on my shoulder when the New Year's Ball came down, too. He likes to join in on the party!

And it's a beautiful New Year's Day here--white snow on the ground, blue skies, bright yellow sun and crisp winter air! It doesn't get any better for an Idaho winter! I hope the day, and the coming year, is equally beautiful in your neck of the woods, too! I feel ready for 2008. Really. Ready. Eager. Bring in ON!

And so with that: "We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come." ~Joseph Campbell

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails